Veneers are thin layers of porcelain that are precisely made to fit over the visible surface of the front teeth, like a false fingernail fits over a nail.
When a tooth is badly broken or heavily filled, the dentist may need to crown or ‘cap’ it to restore its appearance and strength. Ceramic crowns are made of porcelain or porcelain bonded to gold, producing a natural looking tooth which matches the colour and shape of your existing teeth.
Composite (white) fillings are the new aesthetic popular alternative to amalgam (metal) fillings. With composite it is much easier to find a perfect match for the shade of a tooth. In most cases, it is quite impossible to see that the tooth even has a filling. Sometimes white fillings can be used to cover unsightly marks on teeth, in a similar way to veneers. These are called composite veneers.
Why might I have a veneer?
Veneers are an ideal way of treating discoloured or unsightly teeth, closing gaps between the front teeth, or repairing chips and cracks
How are veneers made?
A small amount of enamel is removed (although not always) from the tooth. An impression is teken by the dentist and sent to a dental lab for the veneer to be made by a technician. The veneer is then permanently bonded to the tooth
How does the dentist make a crown?
The usual procedure for fitting a crown involves shaping the tooth under local anaesthetic and then taking an impression using a rubber-like material. The impression is then sent to the lab along with the details of the shade to be used and the technician makes the crown. While the crown is being made a temporary crown covers the tooth.
Why choose us?
- We have been delivering high quality cosmetic dentistry for over 14 years
- All resident dentists within SDG offer cosmetic dentistry alongside general dentistry
- All our dentists have a special interest in cosmetic dentistry and have undertaken relevant training
- Competitively priced
- Costs can be spread over 12 months with interest free Dental finance (subject to age and status, minimum spend applies)
- Weekend and evening appointments available
- Large modern practice with friendly experienced staff
- Ample free parking at West Hove and Crawley
Porcelain Veneers by Dr Lazanakis
- Porcelain Veneers (before)
- Porcelain Veneers (after)
Composite fillings by Dr Pappas
- Composite fillings (before)
- Composite fillings (after)
Composite veneers by Dr Lazanakis
- Composite Veneers (before)
- Composite veneers (after)