Minor Oral Surgery is that branch of Dentistry that deals with extractions. These include simple extractions and difficult extractions such as impacted wisdom teeth, broken roots, retained roots and multiple teeth. Your general dentist is able to deal with simple extractions but when it comes to complex extractions a dentist with special skills, training and equipment is required. At Sussex Dental Group we have clinicians who are able to undertake these complex extractions due to their special interest in Minor Oral Surgery. We offer an NHS referral service which patients can access through their dentist. We also offer a private referral service which can patients can access directly or via referral through their dentist.
What type of work can be carried out?
Difficult extractions, removal of teeth/roots following attempted extractions, surgical extractions including impacted teeth, atraumatic extractions for implants, multiple extractions and wisdom teeth extractions
How can I be referred
Your dentist will determine the complexity of the extraction. If you require general anaesthetic or sedation you will be referred to a hospital or sedation clinic. For teeth to be extracted under local anaesthetic your dentist can refer you by using the Minor Oral Surgery Referral Form or via the NHS electronic referral system.
Why choose us?
- Friendly, welcoming and caring service
- Same day assessment and treatment
- Excellent standard of treatment using quality surgical equipment
- Your dentist will receive a complete report of the treatment
- Faizal Sameja BDS (Hons) MFDS RCS Edin. Faizal is an Intermediate Minor Oral Surgery (IMOS) Provider
- Full mouth digital X-Ray facilities available (Pan)
- Competitively priced
- Large modern practice with friendly experienced staff
- Ample free parking at West Hove and Crawley